Recreation is for everyone and the City encourages all Calgarians to live active, creative and healthy lifestyles. Our Fee Assistance program helps all Calgary residents enjoy the recreation programs and facilities at reduced rates.
- To apply for Fee Assistance please visit Calgary.ca/fairentry.
- When your application is approved by Fair Entry you will receive a Fair Entry letter.
- Fair Entry will then forward your information to Fee Assistance where it will take 3 to 4 weeks for your application to be processed.
- Once it is processed you will receive a Fee Assistance letter through mail or e-mail.
- You can then take your Fee Assistance letter to any Recreation facility to get your Fee Assistance Card.
- NOTE - You MUST have your Fee Assistance letter in order to get your Fee Assistance card.
What is fee assistance?
Fee assistance is available for Calgary residents in financial need to help make recreation opportunities more affordable. If you are approved, you will receive reduced rates on:
See Fee Assistance – what’s included for more information.
Do I qualify?
To find out if you qualify for Fee Assistance, you can review the qualification and application process online or contact 311.
If you are approved for Fee Assistance, subsidy expires 1 year to the day after approval.
If you still have questions, see the questions about Fee Assistance page. If you are having difficulty with the application form, please contact 311 and ask to speak to our Recreation Connector.
Fee Assistance is funded by the City of Calgary, The City of Calgary Children's Reserve Fund and Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
Jumpstart provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.