In order to get access to Calgary Recreation's Fee Assistance Program, each applicant must first be approved by Fair Entry. For application information please visit Fair Entry.
Almost all registered programs
offered by the City are eligible under the Fee Assistance program (some restrictions may apply).
Children and youth (17 years of age and under) may take up to four programs to a maximum subsidy of $250 (whichever comes first) during a 12 month period. Fee assistance recipients receive 90% of the registration fee to a maximum of a $100 credit towards their program. For example, if a program was $39.50, the fee assistance rate would be $3.95. For a day camp that costs $168, the fee assistance rate would be $68. The customer pays the total balance due, on any charges over and above the $250 maximum subsidy.
Adults may register in one program per 12 month period and pay 10 per cent of the registration fee. The maximum subsidy is $50. The customer pays the total balance that is over the maximum subsidy, For example, a class that costs $41.15 would cost $4.11 under fee assistance.
10x or 30x and Build-a-Pass - Fee Assistance participants will also receive a 75% discount on 10X, 30X and Build-a-Pass (a monthly or yearly pass program) passes with the following criteria:
- Passes MUST expire prior to or at the same time as your Fee Assistance subsidy.
- With the exception of the 12 month passes. Those MUST expire prior or within 15 days of your Fee Assistance expiry.
- For 10X and 30X passes it will be as follows:
Months 1 through 12 of subsidy year*
Months 1 through 11 of subsidy year
Note - If it is 10 days until subsidy expires a 10x pass can be purchased. If 8 days or less until subsidy expiry, no pass can be purchased.
Differed/Scheduled payments will only be offered at the Leisure Centres and only on 12 month passes. All pass rules will apply (i.e. $25.00 administration fee, two months up front).
*NOTE – Any Fee Assistance customer with an existing 10X or 30X pass can upgrade to a Build-a-Pass with no administration charge. All passes expire 24 months after purchase.
- Adult fee assistance participants will also receive 10 reduced rate admissions at City of Calgary Golf Courses
. The rate charge is 65% off adult green fee rate. (Varies by course and day of the week) Time Restrictions:
- Valid Monday to Thursday before 3 p.m. (excluding holidays) and after 2 p.m. Friday to Sunday and holidays.
- Valid anytime at Par 3 courses.
- Boys and girls ages 6-15 years of age who have been approved for fee assistance have access to free opportunities to learn and play golf through The City's Junior Golf Subsidy program
Fee Assistance Partners
A Fee Assistance rate is available at the following facilities:
Individual Fee Assistance partners set their own rates. The rates may change without notice. *Note – Your Recreation subsidy will not be impacted should you visit any of our partners.
Through Fee Assistance you will also receive:
A big thank you...
Fee assistance is funded by the City of Calgary, The City of Calgary Children's Reserve Fund and Canadian Tire Jumpstart.