Boat stall rentals are available at the Glenmore Reservoir from May 1 until October 31. Boat stalls rented after May 1 are prorated to reflect use date booked. Boat stall and rack rentals require the purchase of a boat stall permit for the season - follow the instructions below to register for your permit.
Things to know about renting boat stalls and racks
- Boat stalls are for boat storage only.
- Permit stickers must be visibly displayed on bow of boat or front of trailer. Stickers will be mailed to customers once payment is received.
- Stalls may be reallocated based on recommendations of the Boat Patrol.
- Access to water is not guaranteed in the spring due to flood control measures which include lowering the water level of the Reservoir.
- Heritage paved and South Glenmore lower paved lots have security gates, which open at 6 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. sharp daily during the season (May 1 - October 31).
- The permit is not transferable from the registered permit holder to another individual.
- If you vacate your stall prior to Oct. 31, a refund will be issued, but renewal rights for that stall will not be available.
- Full payment must be received by February 27 to renew a boat stall for the next season.
- The City of Calgary reserves the right to remove any boat at the owner's expense if the boat is parked in the wrong place, does not exhibit a permit sticker or is present after Oct. 31 of the year.
- Boats are parked at the owner's sole risk and The City of Calgary is not liable for any loss or damage to boats parked in rental spaces.
Boat stall rental rates - 2016 season
|Dinghy rack, laser rack or canoe rack
Maps - boat stall/rack locations and parking lots
There are three boat stall parking lots:
There are two boat racks:
- Heritage Park paved lot - 1900 Heritage Drive SW, near the boat launch.
- South Glenmore lower paved lot - 8415 24 Street SW, near the Glenmore Sailing School.
- Boat racks are for canoes, dinghies, kayaks or lasers.
- Boat mooring is available on the south eastern arm of the Glenmore Reservoir near the Heritage paved lot only.
Timelines for booking periods and applications - 2016
- January 22 – Renewal permits emailed.
- February 26 – Payment deadline for renewals.
- March 7 - 11 – Transfer requests processed for renewal customers.
- March 16 – Boat stall public day.
- May 1 – Boat stalls open.
- October 31 – Boat stalls close.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Facility Bookings.