(or "D & E fields") are unstaffed fields with no amenities that are located in a community. There are approximately 1,800 playfields available to rent across the City.
Playfields are broken down into two classes of fields:
- D-class fields/diamonds are maintained by the City of Calgary Parks. They are normally located near Community Associations or open spaces that are not on school property.
- E-class fields/diamonds are located at school sites and are maintained through the school boards.
How do I know if the field is D or E class?
To determine if the field is D or E class, refer to second number (indicated in bold in the example below) on tag numbers, which are found at the site either on the soccer posts or ball diamond back stop.
- If the number is between 1 through 4 the field is a D class facility
- If the number is a 5 or 6 it is an E class facility
Example: S5TUS02 is an E class playfield
Step 1. Browse Playfield Availability
Rectangular field bookings are a minimum of one hour time slots, starting and ending on the hour:
- Monday - Friday: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Diamond bookings are 3 hour time slots, starting at:
- Monday - Friday: 6 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 9 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m. or 6 p.m.
- Diamond and cricket pitches must be booked weekdays from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Step 2. Review Policies and Regulations
Review the information on the playfields policies page.
Step 3. Check Booking Timelines and Rental Rates
2015/December 2015 - Process rollovers for all renewal groups.
1, 2015 – Tournament applications due for 2016 tournaments (Dates/Times for
2016 can be given priority if applications are submitted by December 1
25, 2016 - Renewal permits emailed/permits available on amendment system.
29, 2016 - Deadline for changes to renewal permits without fees.
- March 15, 2016 - Playfield Public Day.
- April 15, 2016 - Playfields open for the season.
- October 15, 2016 - Playfields close for the season.
- December 1, 2016 - Tournament applications due for 2016 tournaments (Dates/Times
for 2016 can be given priority).
See the Playfield Rates and Descriptions
Step 4. Submit an application