check ice rink availability
In order to provide consistent and equal access to groups looking for Arena space in all sessions (Spring/Summer, September, Fall and Winter) no applications or inquiries will be accepted prior to 8:30 am on Public Day. Applications submitted prior to 8:30 am on Public Day, will not be considered for processing until 9 am.
1. Check for facility availability
- Browse our ice rink availability for ice time available in the next 2 weeks, or see eRecreation facility availability for ice beyond 2 weeks, non-ice or meeting room needs.
Consider two or three potential dates and locations. You will need to identify your choices by the name of the arena, date, exact time and number of arenas or meeting rooms required.2016 Spring/Summer Arena Open/Close Schedule
- Please be aware that facility availability changes quickly and what appears to be an open booking time on an availability list may have applications pending.
- When looking at availability, please ensure there is an additional 15 minutes after your ice time. A fresh flood is required after each user group. You are not charged for this flood time after your booking. (Any customer initiated intermittent floods, for example multiple games for the same organization back-to-back, must be arranged with the site staff and standard rental charges would apply.)
2. Submit an application for an arena or meeting room
- Read the information privacy statement and facility rental terms and conditions prior to completing your online application. You will be required to confirm that you have read this agreement as part of your online application submission.
- Five or less dates can be booked via telephone or in-person by contacting Facility Bookings, or by completing the arena application form. Approval from the arena may be required.
- Complete the appropriate online application form if requesting:
- More than five dates - submit an arena application form or meeting room application form.
- Special events or tournaments - submit an arena tournament and special event application form.
- Once all information is received and availability is confirmed, your event will be tentatively booked, and you will be contacted for payment of a $26.25 non-refundable administration fee for all the Special Events or Tournaments.
- If your tournament does not require any special arrangements or approval of irregular arena activities, signage, equipment, set up, additional space rental or any arrangements other than a longer block of ice time; the regular arena application form maybe used.
- Please see timelines for when special event/tournament and renewal application responses will be emailed.
- Applications, other than renewals, will be based on a first-come, first-served basis. All the applications are processed in a time/date order.
- Submission of the online application form is not a confirmed permit.
- If the date and time you wish to book falls within the next 48 business hours, contact Facility Bookings to make the request.
3. Your confirmation and payment
- Payment for five or less dates booked is due immediately.
- Payment for more than five dates: upon approval, you will be sent a permit with full payment due 30 days prior to first booking date. If the first booking date is within this 30 day period, payment will be due immediately.
- Approved tournaments and special events will be sent a permit noting that a 25% non refundable initial payment is due within 7 days of receiving the permit. The remainder of the fee is due 30 days prior to the first booking date on the permit.
- If we have not received payment after the due date has lapsed, we will cancel your permit and renewal rights may be impacted and/or lost.
- Your permit is your official invoice.
Payment options - You can pay for your arena booking by phone, in person, or by mail. Click here for payment instructions.
Cancellations or amendments
Please review our standard cancellation & amendment policies that apply to all bookings.
Additional cancellation & amendment notes:
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by Facility Bookings a minimum of 30 calendar days in advance of the rental date.
- No Cancellations or Refunds permitted on Spring/Summer Arena bookings (April - August).
If you have questions or need more information please contact Facility Bookings.