108 Quarry Park Rd. S.E.
Opening to the public on July 1, 2016. Official opening celebration soon to be announced.*
The Quarry Park recreation facility will be a community, recreation and leisure destination for both residents and employees from the surrounding communities and business parks. All ages and abilities can come together at this much-needed community space – made easier with links to existing pathways and close proximity to transit, the future LRT and the Quarry Park market.
Inside, the approximately 94,000 sq. ft. facility will serve multiple needs through the following range of amenities:
- 25m, 6 lane pool
- Small leisure pool
- Hot tubs and steam room
- Gymnasium with multi-purpose flooring
- Fitness centre with cardio and strength training equipment
- Fitness/aerobics studios
- Running/walking track
- Large and small multi-purpose rooms for cultural, art, learning and business activities
- Full service Calgary Public Library (relocation of the Glenmore Square Library)
- Childcare and child-minding
- Food services
See the Quarry Park design.
- Watch the Quarry Park facility construction happen before your eyes through our live construction cam and latest construction time-lapse video.
- The Quarry Park recreation facility will be named the Remington YMCA. The name was unveiled by YMCA Calgary and Remington Development Corporation and is subject to the lease/operating agreement being signed between the YMCA and The City.
- Learn more about the Quarry Park Recreation Facility public art in development
- View the Quarry Park facility’s start of construction celebration led by Mayor Nenshi, community leaders and special guests.
- The Quarry Park recreation facility will be opening to the public on July 1, 2016.
Watch the construction
Watch the transformation from when shovels first hit the ground in August 2014 to May 2016.
Want to see what’s happening right now? Check out our live construction cam (refreshes every 60 seconds).
The City of Calgary is working with YMCA Calgary as the Quarry Park facility operator. Over the next year, The City and YMCA Calgary will be working together to develop the program and service model.
The YMCA intends the facility to be responsive to community needs. Prior to opening, the YMCA will ensure that key stakeholders are consulted and processes for ongoing collaboration and engagement are established.
To learn more, visit YMCA Calgary.
Calgary Public Library
The Quarry Park recreation facility will include a 9,000 sq. ft. full-service public library, serving as the new location of the Glenmore Square Library. It will feature current resources for reading and learning as well as interactive programming and technology space.
To learn more, visit the Calgary Public Library.
*Approximate and subject to change.