19340 - 45 St. S.E.
Opening in 2018*
Situated in the heart of a vibrant urban centre in southeast Calgary, the Seton recreation facility will provide a blend of leisure, sports, arts, cultural and recreational amenities for individuals and families as well as competitive sport venues for groups and organizations.
The approximately 330,000 sq. ft. facility will be the heart of activity in a dynamic area surrounded by a future high school, regional park and the S.E. LRT.
The proposed amenities at this true multi-use, multi-generational community facility include:
- 50m, 10 lane competition pool
- Water Park
- Spectator viewing area
- Leisure pool
- Hot tubs and steam room
- 2 multi-purpose ice rinks
- 3 Gymnasiums with multi-purpose flooring
- Fitness centre with cardio and strength training equipment
- Fitness/aerobics studios
- Running/walking track
- Large and small rooms for use as studios, classrooms and meeting spaces
- 25,000 sq. ft. full service library
- Youth centre with dedicated space for youth activities and programs
- Art making, studio and gallery space
- 300 seat theatre (approximate)
- Childcare/child minding
- Food services
- Physiotherapy/medical clinic
See the Seton facility schematic design
- On May 12, 2015 surrounding residents came to see the Seton facility designs, meet the operators YMCA Calgary and Calgary Public Library and learn more about what this facility is bringing to S.E. Calgary.
- Learn more about the Seton recreation facility public art in development.
The City of Calgary is working with YMCA Calgary as the Seton facility operator. Over the next year, The City and YMCA Calgary will be working together to develop the program and service model.
The YMCA intends the facility to be responsive to community needs. Prior to opening, the YMCA will ensure that key stakeholders are consulted and processes for ongoing collaboration and engagement are established.
To learn more, visit YMCA Calgary.
Calgary Public Library
The library at the Seton recreation centre will be a full-service 25,000 square foot regional branch. Seton Library will feature a large collection of resources for reading and learning, spaces for connection, collaboration and discovery, space for teens, early learning zones, program and meeting space and interactive technologies.
To learn more, visit the Calgary Public Library.
*Approximate and subject to change.