Once I’m inside the secure login, how can I review my property assessment to check factual details, and determine if it is fair and equitable?
Once inside the secure service, property owners can conduct an in-depth review of their assessment using real estate market information, summary assessment information of other properties and more detailed information about their own property. Some of the features and web tools that may be helpful to customers:
My Assessment, Property Account
- Property owners can access their Property Assessment Detail Report which provides property-specific information including:
- school support
- property characteristics
Due to the confidentiality associated with some of this information, the report is only viewable by the property owner.
By using Sales Search, property owners can access:
- real estate market information on residential, multi-residential and non-residential properties
- This is the same real estate market sales information we use to prepare property assessments throughout Calgary.
- Property owners can use Property Search to view summary information on other properties and search by
- roll number
- street type
- property map
- Users will find information about their search in a results table with a Report link.
- Users can click on the link to receive a Property Assessment Summary Report.
- This report offers comparison property assessment information on other properties for evaluation purposes.
- Due to privacy reasons, Property Assessment Detail Reports on other properties have more limited information than the Property Assessment Detail Report the owner receives on their own property.
- For comparison purposes, The City of Calgary provides a maximum of 50 reports annually to assist property owners with their property assessment review.
- Owners may also use the property map view to locate other properties they want to review.
Property owners can also authorize an agent to act on their behalf using the secure Assessment Search service (see Authorization of Agency for more information).
Once I’m inside the secure login, how can I review my business assessment for fairness and equity?
Once inside the secure service, business owners can conduct an in-depth review of their assessment by comparing summary assessment information of other business premises and more detailed information about my own business premises.
My Assessment, Business Account
- Business owners can access their Business Assessment Detail Report which provides business-specific information about their business, including its location, ownership, as well as business characteristics used to prepare their 2015 Business Assessment.
- Due to the confidentiality associated with some of this information, the report is only viewable by the business owner.
Review typical net annual rental value
- Business owners can compare their typical net market rental rate with typical net market rental rate ranges provided through a link on My Assessment, Business Account to determine the fairness and equity of their typical net annual rental value.
- Business owners can use Business Search to view other premises’ assessments as well as Business Assessment Summary Reports on other premises. A Summary Report includes that business premises’ assessment and other premises-specific information.
- Up to 50 Business Assessment Summary Reports are available annually per Business Identifier.
- Business owners can also authorize an agent to act on their behalf using the secure Assessment Search service (see the Authorization of Agency section for more information).
How do I use Map Search?
The City of Calgary's Property Assessment Map offers viewing tools (viewing toolbar, scale bar, legend, overview, and status bar) and application specific search menu.
Search by address
- The Search by Address option allows users to enter a street address to yield a property address which is displayed in a results window.
Search by Roll Number
- Requires the property assessment roll number provided on the front of the customer's 2015 Property Assessment Notice.
Search by Community
- To Search by Community requires knowing the community name. The user can directly select a community name from the list or type in a partial name to quickly select the right one.
Search by Sales
- Search by Sales will find sales information used in the preparation of your property assessment. The sale records are displayed as green dot on the map.
- City of Calgary community name list.
Step-by-step how-to guides
Assessment Search how-to guide for property
Assessment Search how-to guide business
Request additional Assessment Summary Report views.