Calgary's Centre City
When our Centre City thrives, so does the rest of the city. That's why it's vitally important for The City of Calgary and the community to invest its support in planning and creating a livable, thriving and caring core - the vision of The Calgary's Centre Plan (May 2007). The City’s Centre City team supports projects and planning throughout the Centre City - keep reading to find out more or visit the Centre City Blog for up-to-date information on what is happening.
Calgary's Centre City is bound by the Bow and Elbow Rivers to the north and east and 17 Avenue South and 14 Street West. It includes Downtown, East Village, Stampede Park, East Victoria Crossing, Victoria Crossing Centre, Connaught Centre, West Connaught, West End, Eau Claire and Chinatown.
New and Noteworthy in Centre City
Other Centre City Projects include Clean to the Core, +15 , the Bridge Banner Project and Central Memorial Park. We also lead many planning initiatives throughout the Centre City. Don't forget to check out the Centre City Blog for recent updates.
Centre City Facts
Calgary's Centre City is where:
- 159,000 people work.
- Over 6,000 businesses operate and generate over 40 per cent of our city's business and non-residential property tax revenue.
- Over 35,000 people live, making up 3 per cent of Calgary's total population.
- Over 25 parks, hundreds of events, shops and restaurants bring vibrancy to the core.
- Tourists come to experience our city.
- Features an array of modern skyscrapers and office towers as well as historic sandstone buildings.
- Calgarians are employed in major industries such as oil and gas extraction, professional, scientific and technical services.
- Significant change is expected over the next 30 years to accommodate the addition of up to 40,000 new residents and over 60,000 new employees by 2035. New services, buildings, and public spaces are required to successfully integrate this dynamic growth.
Contact Centre City
For more information on Centre City projects, please contact us or call 3-1-1.