Transforming Planning's Pilot Team
Pilot Project v2.0
Launched in February 2013, our successful Pilot Project will continue to test new approaches and institutionalize program achievements to the end of 2013. Working with the Pilot team and a larger circle of City staff and external stakeholders, the goal of this program is to incorporate important lessons learned on process and culture – and ensure that the LEARN approach identified by Transforming Planning’s Working Group becomes a standard part of our planning system.
By participating in the Pilot Project, stakeholders can submit an application for development that will be reviewed within a new planning process designed to be user-friendly and results-oriented. To be clear, successful applications will have the same status as any other approved project at The City: we are processing real applications within a working model of a better system.
We are looking for any of the five application types, to be approached in phases:
- DP – low density residential development in a developed area;
- DP – multi residential / mixed use development in a developing area;
- DP – commercial / mixed use (excluding large scale);
- DP – multi-residential / mixed use development in a developed area; and
- Combined land use re-designation / DP in a developed area.
To stakeholders, we can offer:
- New process reflects best available thinking.
- Learn by doing.
- User-friendly, results-oriented focus.
- The Pilot Project is your first opportunity to participate and help transform the planning system.
Our intent for the Pilot Project is to build a better system by both working together and actively testing out our best concepts. We want the pilot to reveal activities that don’t add value in our current system, and shift our focus to those parts of the process that result in better outcomes.
Submissions to the Pilot Project are open and ongoing. If you are interested in participating, please review our Expression of Interest document, or contact Lynn McKeown, Transforming Planning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.268.8795 for more information.