The City of Calgary is reviewing a proposal from Perkins + Will Architects Canada on behalf of Harvard Developments Inc to change the type of development allowed on the two blocks that form the Eau Claire Market site. If approved by City Council, this proposal would allow for a mix of residential, commercial retail and office space.
The City approved the redevelopment of the Eau Claire Market site in 2008. The developer has indicated that a new land use would allow greater flexibility to address current and future market conditions.
The new Land Use, if approved, would allow:
- Increased density across the site
- Buildings of increased height
- Connection to the +15 Skywalk system
- Relocation of the historically designated Eau Claire Smokestack to the northwest of Eau Claire Market
- A significant office component
Application details can be found in the following documents: