Outcome of the Public Hearing of Council
On October 3, 2016, City Council approved the land use amendment and outline plan application (see agenda minutes). Thank you to the community for working with us through the engagement process.
Stripping and grading has started on the site. Below is current schedule for construction, and what you can expect to see in each stage.
Please note: this webpage will come down before the summer 2017. For the most up-to-date schedule, please visit the developer's website and sign up for email updates.
Tree clearing: underway, another 3-5 days to go
Stripping and grading: March to July, staged
This stage involves removing the existing loam and stockpiling it for re-use in later stages. Once the first layer of loam is removed, grading equipment will be used to establish new drainage patterns for the development area. The most significant grading operations will take place where the new storm pond is to be constructed.
Underground deep utility construction: July to August, staged
Placement of the sanitary, storm and water lines throughout the site. The lines are typically 2.5-5m deep.
Surface construction: April to August, phased and staged
Constructing the catch basins, pavement, curbs and sidewalks throughout the development area.
Shallow utility construction: August to September
Constructing the power, gas and communication lines, as well as street lights, throughout the site. These lines are typically less than 1.5m deep. This is the final stage before home construction begins.
Showhome construction: anticipate starting in September
The subdivision development process typically takes one to two years for grading, servicing and road construction. At some point during this process, the developer may apply for development permits for new home construction. When The City receives development permits, area residents will be notified by notice postings on the site.
- Applicant's public engagement: November 2014 to Spring 2015
- Application submission: July 7, 2015
- Circulation of plans to adjacent residents, community association and other stakeholders: August 2015 (with a 50-day circulation period to submit feedback)
- Online survey to collect initial public input: Open from July 17 to August 16, 2015
- Public information sessions: September 10, 11 and 14, 2015
- Survey to collect more detailed feedback after September public information sessions: September 10 to September 21, 2015
- City's technical review of application and review of public feedback: September to October 2015
- City issues detailed team review (DTR) of application to applicant: October 22, 2015
- Applicant submits amended plans in response to the DTR: February 5, 2016
- City staff reviews amended plans: June 2016
- Public information sessions: Wednesday July 20, 2016; September 14, 2016
- Calgary Planning Commission: August 25, 2016
- Public hearing of City Council: October 3, 2016
The City has completed two online surveys and three public information sessions. We invite you to review a summary of the feedback from the first and second survey, and review the presentation boards from the information sessions. You can still provide your feedback in the following ways:
Attend a public information sessions
The City will host a public event to share the details of the amended plans. Please watch for event details on this website, or sign up to receive email updates.
Contact City Staff
Jessica Siriphokham, Planner
Contact your Councillor
- Attend a public hearing of Council
Anyone wishing to address Council on this matter may do so for a period of five minutes. If you would like to distribute additional material at the meeting, please supply the City Clerk with 35 copies at the time of presentation. Additional material requires the approval of the Mayor before distribution to Members of Council.
Please refer to this brochure for more information or contact the City Clerk at 403-268-5861 if you have further questions.
Pre-application engagement: Quantum Place worked with community members and stakeholders on its plans for the Harvest Hills Golf Course site. Reports on the pre-application work are available on their website.
Harvest Hills Redevelopment Supporting Technical Reports