The City of Calgary is reviewing a proposal from Seika Architecture representing Nayanjot Singh Kang to change the type of development allowed on the site. Learn more about the proposal below:
- Land use redesignation application (LOC2016-0160). This application proposes to change the designation (zoning) from the S-FUD district to the M-1d85 district to allow for multi-residential development and a minimum of 32 units and a maximum of 55 units on the site.
- The maximum height of the proposal is 14 metres (3-4 storeys).
- Learn about land uses/zones/districts within Calgary's Land Use Bylaw.
- Application submission: June 15, 2016
- Application circulated to the community: July 13, 2016
Thank you to everyone who provided input on the Application. The What We Heard Report is now available.Feedback will be reviewed and considered by The City and included in a report that will be reviewed by the Calgary Planning Commission. The Calgary Planning Commission will review the application and City report/recommendations and then make a recommendation to City Council.
Stay tuned to this webpage for updates.
- The minimum setback for a development on the site would be 3.0 metres from the street and 1.2 metres from the side property lines. If a development is proposed such as townhouses along the street, the minimum setback could be reduced to zero metres from the road right of way.
- Landscaping must be provided as per the Land Use Bylaw.
- Parking is required at a rate of 0.75 parking stalls per unit in a common entrance building (condo or apartment building). If a proposal is made for townhouses, a minimum of one parking stall will be required for each dwelling unit constructed in this form.
Brad C. Bevill