Share this page Print

Did the flood impact your home?

The City wants citizens to be safe where they live and work

Are you having challenges moving forward with plans to redevelop your flood-affected property? We understand that you may still be considering your options.

Whether you have decided to demolish your home or take steps to rebuild or restore, there are some permit requirements that you must consider. As you move forward with your decision there are also some important deadlines to keep in mind:

If you haven’t yet determined what to do with your property, in the meantime, please:

  • Mow the lawn and keep the yard tidy
  • Shovel the sidewalk in winter
  • Ensure your property is safe and secure with fencing or other safety measures
  • Ensure that your home is properly winterized if it is vacant

For further information please review our frequently asked questions

Additional support services

If you or someone you know still needs additional support related to the flood, you can call 211 to access community, health and social services 24 hours / 7 days a week. Calls are free of charge and information is available in over 150 languages. Information & Referral Specialists at 211 can connect you to available services in your community such as:

  • Housing and accommodation assistance
  • Financial aid
  • Assistance to access Government of Alberta programs
  • Emotional support services

The City and 211 have compiled a list offrequently requested services and contact information that can be downloaded for easy access.

Alberta Health Services has resources and information available to assist residents.

Additional resources are available by visiting and searching "disaster."

Calgarians still struggling to meet basic needs due to the 2013 flood can contact the Canadian Red Cross at 1-866-696-648.

We’re here to help. Please contact 311 if you have any additional questions.