Below you will find instructions for using the City of Calgary's interactive map to find flood hazard information such as floodway, flood fringe and overland flow zones. For all available information on flood mapping, visit Flood Maps for Calgary.
Using the interactive city map
Click on map above to open the interactive city map
- If the map does not automatically open, click the oval “CITYonline Map Viewer” button on the right side of the page.
- Follow the instructions below to search your property and view the floodplain layers.
Activate the floodplain layers on the map (top right side of map)
- Click on the (+) icon next to CITYonline Maps.
- Check the box Open Data Catalogue and expand by pressing the plus (+) icon.
- Check the box Bylaw Flood Hazard.
Search your address
- Click the Search button at the top left hand side of the mapping screen.
- Click on Search By Property.
- Enter your address into the boxes labelled; Suite, number, street name, type and quadrant.
- Click the Search button at the bottom of the window.