Share this page Print

Building permit for secondary suites


Once you have rezoned or redesignated your property to allow a secondary suite and received your Development Permit, you can apply for a Building Permit.

A Building Permit is required for construction, demolition, or change of use for any building to make sure the changes are up to the required codes and laws.

To apply for a Building Permit:


For more information please review the A guide to developing a secondary suite and the Alberta Building Code requirements.

Once you receive a building permit, you can apply for Trades Permits to complete your secondary suite.

For general questions about secondary suites, contact Planning Services Call Centre