Share this page Print

Development permit for secondary suites


Several different permits are required to have a legal secondary suite. A Development Permit is needed before a Building Permit can be applied for.

Before applying for a Development Permit, your single family house must have the proper land use designation.

To apply for a Development Permit:

For more information please review A guide to developing a secondary suite and the Alberta Building Code requirements

For general questions about secondary suites, contact Planning Services Call Centre.