Residential ePermit is currently only available to registered business owners. We're working on making it available to homeowners. Stay tuned to this page for more details and timelines.
- Apply 24/7
- Book inspections easily; no need to call 311
- Instant correspondence; emails are sent out each stage
- No finding or paying for downtown parking or standing in line
- No more printing multiple copies of drawings
- Update permits online: contacts, contractors and drawings or permit details
- See who is reviewing your file
Applications on ePermit
New features and updates
Dec. 3, 2016
- All residential improvement project permit types are now available to contractors, including secondary and backyard suites.
- You can book and manage all building inspections using the mobile website inspections.calgary.ca, regardless of how you applied for your permit (at the Planning Services Centre, by mail, or through the ePermit system).
- A new calendar view allows you to conveniently access previous and scheduled inspection details.
- New VISTA users automatically get ePermit access when applying for building permits, eliminating a step in the process.
June 18, 2016
- New and improved user interface for applying for development permits for single and semi-detached homes.
- Pay for development permits online using up to five different credit cards which can be stored with your user profile.
- We’ve expanded the ability to apply and pay for building permits for basements, additions, and home renovations
On mobile devices
- Inspections can be booked for all ePermit building permits.
- User interface has been improved including a new calendar design and the ability to see all monthly scheduled inspections.
Award winning program
The Residential ePermit program has recently been awarded the 2016 Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA) Award for Innovation in the “Over 100,000 Population” category.
ePermit updates and training videos
View the playlist for all ePermit training videos.