Project update - October 12, 2016
- Sidewalk construction began on 3 Avenue S.E. between Centre Street and 1 Street S.E on Tuesday, October 11
- Crews are working on the installation of new lighting, trees and tree grates
- Various street closures will be in place during the construction period
- Project is anticipated to be complete October 26, 2016 (weather permitting)
- All businesses will remain open during construction.
What we are doing
The overall scope of the project includes:
- new paving of sidewalks
- new trees and new tree grates to new and existing trees
- rearranged seating areas for pedestrians
How it affects you
Sidewalk closures and road closures will be required throughout the project. Motorists and pedestrians will be notified of closures through The City’s Traffic Advisory radio (FM 106.5) and The City’s traffic report webpage.
Work will take place throughout the month of October 2016.