Long grass control along major roadways
The boulevard maintenance team manages the mapping and maintaining of over 1,400 hectares of green space along major roadways that separate communities.
- landscaping modification
- gopher management
- weeds and long grass concerns
The boulevard maintenance team manages city boulevards along major roadways that separate communities. Boulevards within communities are maintained by the Parks business unit. The boulevards along Stoney Trail and Deerfoot Trail are maintained by the provincial government. Boulevards adjacent to businesses and residents are the responsibility of the adjacent property owner.
When operations happen
Most of the boulevard maintenance happens in spring and summer. The following is a short sample of when tasks happen.
- Mowing happens once a month or about five times a year.
- Spraying for broad leaf weeds happens every five years.
- Managing pests happens in the spring time.
- Landscaping happens as needed throughout the season.
- Litter clean-up happens as needed throughout the season.
Before beginning a service request on this page consider if these factors or related areas of work apply.
- Issues regarding boulevards along private property are the responsibilityof the residents / business owners adjacent to them. Report long grass or weeds on private property through The City of Calgary’s Bylaw business unit.
- Issues along Stoney Trail and Deerfoot Trail should be directed to the Government of Alberta at 403-543-8750
- Issues about signs illegally posted on boulevards should be directed to The City of Calgary’s Bylaw business unit.
- Issues regarding trees along boulevards should be directed to The City of Calgary’s Urban Forestry group.
Note: Boulevard maintenance does not handle inquiries regarding utilities.
eServices - Major Roadway Boulevard +60 km/h maintenance service request