Surface overlay paving program
Road pavement resurfacing activities begin in July and finish in October. During this time, City crews work two shifts, seven days a week to take full advantage of the short road construction season. This paving program is also partially completed by private sector forces under contract.
Street Paving schedules
- Ward 1 - Bowness, Canada Olympic Park, Crestmont, Greenwood Village/Green Briar, Montgomery, Rocky Ridge, Scenic Acres, Silver Springs, Tuscany, University of Calgary, University Heights, Valley Ridge, Varsity.
- Ward 2 - Arbour Lake, Citadel, Evanston, Hamptons, Hawkwood, Kincora, Ranchlands, Royal Oak, Royal Vista, Sherwood, Symons Valley.
- Ward 3 - Coventry Hills, Harvest Hills, Martindale, Panorama Hills, Saddle Ridge, Taradale.
- Ward 4 - Beddington Heights, Country Hills, Edgemont, Greenview, Hidden Valley, Highland Park, Huntington Hills, MacEwan, North Haven, Nose Hill Park, Sandstone Valley, Thorncliffe.
- Ward 5 - Castleridge, Coral Springs, Falconridge, Monterey Park, Parkridge Estates, Pineridge, Rundle, Sunridge/Horizon Industrial Park, Temple, Vista Heights, Whitehorn.
- Ward 6 - Aspen Woods, Christie Park, Coach Hill, Cougar Ridge, Discovery Ridge, East Springbank, Glamorgan, Glenbrook, Glendale, Glendale Meadows, New Discovery, Patterson, Prominence Point, Richmond, Richmond Hill/Park, Signal Hill, Springbank Hill, Strathcona Park, Westhills, Westsprings.
- Ward 7 - Banff Trail, Brentwood, Briar Hill, Cambrian Heights, Capitol Hill, Charleswood, Chinatown, Collingwood, Crescent Heights, Dalhousie, Downtown (North), East Village, Eau Claire, Highwood, Hillhurst, Hounsfield Heights, Kensington, Mount Pleasant, Parkdale, Point McKay, Queens Park Village, Rosedale, Rosemont, St. Andrews Heights, Sunnyside, West Hillhurst.
- Ward 8 - Bankview, Beltline Communities of Connaught & Victoria Park, Cliff Bungalow, Downtown West, Eau Claire, Elbow Park, Killarney/Glengarry, Mission, Mount Royal, Richmond-Knob Hill, Rosscarrock, Scarboro, Shaganappi, South Calgary, Spruce Cliff, Sunalta, Westgate, Wildwood.
- Ward 9 - Acadia, Alyth/Bonnybrook Industrial Park, Bridgeland, Burns Industrial Park, Dover, Dover Glen, Eastfield Industrial Park, Erlton, Fairview, Fairview Industrial Park, Foothills Industrial, Glendeer Business Park, Golden Triangle, Great Plains Industrial Park, Highfield Industrial Park, Inglewood, Lynnwood, Lynnwood Ridge, Manchester, Millican, Mills Estates, Ogden, Ogden Shops, Parkhill, Ramsay, Renfrew, Rideau Park, Riverbend, Riverside, Roxboro, South Foothills, Shepard Industrial Park, Stanley Park, Starfield Industrial Park, Tuxedo Park, Valleyfield Industrial Park, West Dover, Wigmore Industrial Park, Winston Heights/Mountview.
- Ward 10 - Abbeydale (including Chateau Estates), Albert Park, Applewood, Belfast, Erin Woods, Forest Heights, Forest Lawn, Franklin, Marlborough Park, Mayland Heights, McCall Industrial, Meridian Industrial, North and South Airways, Southview, Penbrooke Meadows (including Red Carpet), Radisson Heights.
- Ward 11 - Altadore, Bayview, Bel-Aire, Braeside, Britannia, Cedarbrae, Chinook Park, Currie Barracks, Eagle Ridge, Elbow Park, Elboya, Garrison Woods, Haysboro, Heritage Park, Kelvin Grove, Kingsland, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Mayfair, Meadowlark Park, Mount Royal College, North Glenmore Park, Oakridge, Palliser, Pumphill, Riverdale Park, Rutland Park, Southwood, Windsor Park.
- Ward 12 - Auburn Bay, Copperfield, Cranston, Douglasdale Estates, Douglas Glen, Mahogany, McKenzie Lake, McKenzie Towne, New Brighton, Seton, Shepard.
- Ward 13 - Bridlewood, Canyon Meadows, Evergreen, Millrise, Shawnee Slopes, Shawnessy, Somerset, Woodbine, Woodlands.
- Ward 14 - Bonavista Downs, Chaparral, Deer Ridge, Deer Run, Diamond Cove, Lake Bonavista, Legacy, Maple Ridge, Midnapore, Parkland, Queensland, Silverado, Sundance and Walden and Willow Park.
Use the Full Ward Map to find out which ward you are in.
The Capital Works Map also indicates the asphalt resurfacing plan in the solid orange lines for the whole city.
For information on road closures and detours resulting from surface overlay activities, see the Calgary road report.
Pavement resurfacing is coming to a road near you. With your help, crews can take full advantage of the short road construction season.