Looking for a parking space in Calgary? The City uses several tools to manage parking. They include the residential parking zone and permit system, parking meter locations and peak hour restrictions. These tools can be used individually or in groupings. The City conducts traffic analysis in communities and consults with all residents of a community, including businesses, prior to implementing any management strategy.
- Designates parking locations and zones.
- Administers parking permits (EXCEPT for the Residential Parking Permit Program, which is administered by the Calgary Parking Authority).
Look at the parking section of the Calgary Traffic Tips booklet for comprehensive coverage of parking scenarios (e.g., signs, zones, RVs, trailers, etc.)
Calgary Parking Authority responsibilities
The Calgary Parking Authority, 403-537-7000, is responsible for:
- Enforcement of parking regulations.
- Issuing of permits for the Residential Parking Permit Program.
- Towed/seized vehicle impoundments at the Municipal Impound Lot (resulting from parking violations).
To find out whether a towed/seized vehicle is at the Municipal Impound Lot, call 403-537-7111 or check online to search for your vehicle.