Organizations operating horse-drawn vehicles (also known as horse-drawn carriages) will require a horse-drawn permit to operate within The City of Calgary.
To apply for this permit, the applicant must provide:
- Proof of insurance in the amount of $ 2 million, naming The City of Calgary as additionally insured.
- Detailed routing information. All requested routes are subject to approval.
Additionally, while operating:
- There must be a slow moving vehicles sign on the horse-drawn vehicle.
- The driver of the horse-drawn vehicle must wear a safety vest.
How to apply
There are two ways to request a horse-drawn vehicle permit application:
- Contact 311.
- In person at the Roads Traffic Permit Office
2808 Spiller Rd S.E., South Tower, on the main floor, beside the reception desk.
$50 + GST (non-refundable)