This type of permit is also known as a community sign or panel installation permit. To place a directional sign on a City right-of-way, the applicant will need a New community sign permit.
How to apply
Once you register for a myID, as
a citizen or business administrator, you will be able to log into ePermits to apply.
If you need help or additional explanation when using the ePermits website, please see the ePermits frequently asked questions for more information.
What you need to apply
To apply for a new community sign permit, an applicant will need to provide the following information:
- The location of the community.
- The proposed locations (roads) for the signs to be installed.
- The direction the sign should be facing.
- The name to be put on the sign.
- Certificate of Insurance.
- Any artwork (for the decorative top panel).
To obtain this type of permit, the organization will have to follow the regulations of the Residential Directional Bylaw 37P97.
The following fees apply for this type of permit:
- For a new installation the permit cost is $363.80 (GST included. Excluding any sign structure costs).
- For adding a new panel on existing post the permit is $1,895 (GST included).