Share this page Print

Newspaper Boxes and Hawking permit

A company placing newspaper vending boxes on City roads right-of-way or distributing newspapers on City property will require a Newspaper Boxes and Hawking permit.

How to apply

Once you register for a myID, as a business administrator, you will be able to log into ePermits to apply.  

If you need help or additional explanation when using the ePermits website, please see the ePermits frequently asked questions for more information.


This permit is only for newspaper or magazine publication organizations.

Please review City of Calgary Bylaw 20M88 for all definitions, conditions and restrictions for placement of vending boxes on the City roads right-of-way.

Permit costs

The following fees apply for this permit:

  • Sites around Transit will cost $75 (plus GST).
  • Locations (not close to Transit) will cost $50 (plus GST).

Related documents

Registration information