Subscribe for email updates
Coming up in Inglewood and Ramsay:
- Construction on the 17 Ave S.E. Bus Rapid Transit project begins this month. No road detours in Inglewood or Ramsay, but we’ll be staring work on the berm on the east side of the Bow River. There will be some tree removals on the east and west of the Bow River to build the bridges. Trees that are removed as part of construction will be replaced with either newly planted trees, or landscaping in the project area. Learn more.
- Construction on the new 12 St S.E. Bridge continues through the summer, and the old bridge will be removed in May. Learn more.
- Construction in Mills Park. There will be some equipment working on-site soon as landscaping and redevelopment of the park space takes place. Learn more.
Save the date:
- April 17 – May 1 Help us uncover the visual and functional elements that make up the unique streetscape DNA of 9 Ave S.E., including green space, gateways and storefront access. Participate:
- Direct from 9 AVE S.E. - Look for the Snapcode on our sidewalk stickers
- In person at our kiosk in front of Jack Long Park
- Online at engage.calgary.ca/InglewoodRamsay
- April 22 – 1-3 p.m. We’re honouring a community landmark. Join your neighbours for snacks and fun as we say farewell to the old 12 St S.E. Bridge. The first 150 to arrive will enjoy free sausages from Spolumbos! (Note: The 12 Street S.E. Bridge will not actually be removed until May 2017)
- Share your memories – bring in a photo of your favourite memories at the old 12 Street S.E. Bridge. You may also email your photo to email@example.com *Please note any photos used for this activity will not be returned.
- Public Art – The Public Artist, Brandon Vickerd, will be in attendance and wants to learn what this site means to you!
- Your local Girl Guides will be at the event collecting bottles and batteries to raise funds for their end of year horseback riding trip. (They’ll be stationed at the Wildlands parking lot from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. the next day, too!)
- May 4 + May 6 Drop in to one of our sessions to get the update from the Green Line team about the Beltline segment alignment, and provide your input about each of the options. Watch your inbox for more information and event details in the coming weeks.
The City is investing in one of Calgary’s oldest neighbourhoods to keep it safe, beautiful and vibrant.
The City is investing in one of Calgary’s oldest neighbourhoods to keep it safe, beautiful and vibrant. With more than 20 City projects under construction or under consideration, we know there’s a lot going on. We are coordinating all these projects to ensure we’re delivering the right projects at the right time, with as little disruption to the communities as possible. We want to make sure you have the information you need and the opportunity to ask questions and give us your feedback, so we’re bringing all these projects together under one coordinated communications and engagement program.
What we’re working on:
From replacing 100-year old bridges to building new park spaces, we’re committed to:
- Improving connections in to and out of Inglewood and Ramsay, whether you travel by foot, bus, bike or car.
- Ensuring safe, reliable exits to protect the communities in the event of an emergency.
- Building on the character of the communities to create great spaces to live, work, play, and shop.
Together, these projects will support your communities in the near future, and for years to come.
(Click to view larger image)
Here’s what we’ve heard from you:
- You want to feel safe moving through your community by foot, bike, bus or car
- You celebrate your communities’ character, charm and natural beauty, and want to see it maintained
- You want reliable exits in case of emergency
FAQ - Traffic, Parking and Development