17 Ave SW Construction - Project vision
We're paving the way for a better 17 Avenue. S!
We're investing in 17 Ave., for now and for the future. Rebuilding the 30 year old road and the upgrading the 100 year old utilities now will make sure the area can continue to grow for years to come. Here’s what we’re up to:
The effort now will make sure the area can continue to grow for years to come Key areas of focus are:
- Rebuilding the road, including a new road design that’s safer and more predictable, based on an In-Service Road Safety Review
- Improving crosswalks and intersections for those on foot, including curb extensions on side streets
- Upgrading water and sanitary utilities for current and future development
- Improving sidewalks- new sidewalks and repairs, burying utility lines, LED lighting, sitting areas and new trees
- Upgrading telecommunications, power and gas utilities
Compare what 17 Avenue S. looks like now with what we’re building towards:
Plan view of 17 Avenue S., between Macleod Trail and 14 Street S.W.
It’s not all about the money. But if you’re wondering, the budget for this project, overall, is $44 million.
If you have questions about the project or would like to receive project updates, feel free to email the project team: email@example.com