Project Update - September 12, 2016
- The project is substantially complete. Some minor traffic signals work will be completed in September, followed by final clean-up work.
- Traffic speed will stay reduced in the area to 50 km/h until all work is completed and all lanes are open to traffic.
- Motorists are advised to continue following onsite signage until all construction work is completed.
- The City of Calgary would like to thank Calgarians for their patience during the construction of this much-needed operational improvement.
Intersection improvements at Blackfoot Trail and 58 Avenue S.E. will improve traffic flow in the area, add turning lanes for drivers, and add sidewalks and other improvements for pedestrians. The project has been initiated because of traffic congestion at this intersection.
The project includes:
- Adding and improving turn lanes at the intersection of 58 Avenue S.E. and Blackfoot Trail S.E.
- Adding sidewalks on north and south sides of 58 Avenue S.E. between Blackfoot and Burbank Rd. S.E.
- Utility work
- Traffic speed in the area will be reduced from 70 km/h to 50 km/h, or as posted.
- There may be temporary lane reductions and lane closures associated with construction.
- If any road closures are needed, they will be temporary, short in duration and completed on weekends.
- There will be large trucks entering and exiting the area.
- Please follow all onsite project signs.
- Every effort will be made to minimize delays due to construction.
The City of Calgary will communicate with the public and impacted businesses about the construction. The web page will be the primary source for updated information.