Celebrate winter cycling!
Join us for the 4th annual Winter Bike Photo Booth on RiverWalk, east of the Simmons Building, East Village.
Tuesday, February 21 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Enter to win an East Village Winter Staycation
- Warm up with a cup of hot chocolate (bring your mug!)
- Get your photo taken by People on Bikes YYC resident photographer Steve Coutts
- Enjoy pedal-powered music courtesy of Open Streets Calgary
*Please note, the photos will be posted on an public online album, in order to do this, The City of Calgary requires people getting their photo taken to sign a photo release waiver on-site.*
A special thank you to our friends at Sidewalk Citizen, Studio Bell at the National Music Centre, City of Calgary Recreation, East Village, Open Streets Calgary, and People on Bikes YYC.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the 2016 Winter Bike Photo Booth. Check out the portraits from 2016, 2015, & 2014.
Winter Bike to Work Day is on Friday, February 10 at Eau Claire Plaza.
More event details to come at www.bikecalgary.org
Bike to the Zoo Day
Please check back in the spring for more information about the 2017 Bike to the Zoo Day.
Before you go:
- Check that your bicycle is in working order: check your brakes, tires and air pressure, and your chain, crank and gears.
- Be sure to check the weather and wear appropriate clothing for the day.
- Plan your route and review safety tips
Bicycles on the C-Train:
If you are too tired to ride your bike home, you can use the C-Train to get closer to your destination. Bicycles are allowed on the C- train all day on weekends and outside of morning and afternoon rush hour during the week. Some Calgary Transit buses are equipped with front bike racks so that you can transport your bike as you ride the bus. Call Calgary Transit to ensure that your desired bus route has been assigned buses with bike racks.
Share your bike fun, by tweeting with @yyctransport or by joining our online Facebook community.