Saturday, June 25, 2016
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pedal with your pack, flock or herd to the Calgary Zoo for the third annual Bike to the Zoo event!
Arrive to the zoo by bike and receive:
- $10 off admission for the first 250 cyclists
- Calgary Zoo members who bike to the zoo receive an ice cream coupon
- Pick up your coupon for discounted admission or ice cream at the bicycle valet parking located at the North entrance
How to bike to the Calgary Zoo
Bicycle valet parking map
Find your route using The City of Calgary Pathways and Bikeways Map. Make sure to check for detours and closures along your route. Please note: *The West entrance to the Zoo is closed due to construction*
Bike to the Zoo is a great opportunity to try riding on Calgary’s brand new cycle track network. Check out some cycle track safety tips and a map of the network to help you plan your ride.
Families looking for a shorter ride can use Park n’ Bike locations:
*All times are approximate*
Before you go:
- Check that your bicycle is in working order: check your brakes, tires and air pressure, and your chain, crank and gears.
- Be sure to check the weather and wear appropriate clothing for the day. Remember to bring water and sun screen for your bike ride.
- Plan your route and review safety tips
Bicycles on the C-Train
If you are too tired to ride your bike home after your day at the Zoo, you can use the C-Train to get closer to your destination. Bicycles are allowed on the C- train all day on weekends. Some Calgary Transit buses are equipped with front bike racks so that you can transport your bike as you ride the bus. Call Calgary Transit to ensure that your desired bus route has been assigned buses with bike racks.
Share your Bike to the Zoo fun, by tweeting with #biketothezoo or by joining our online Facebook community.
A photo from the Bike to the zoo event last year