The Bicycle Program Yearbook is a new tool to help measure, track and report progress on The City’s effort to improve conditions for cycling.
The City of Calgary is one of only a few cities world-wide to have published this type of document, also known as a Bicycle Account. Bicycle Accounts are a recommended practice of the League of American Bicyclists’ Bicycle Friendly Community Program.
The Yearbook includes the most recent information on:
- The many ways that bicyclists are counted
- Tracking the number of bikeways built over the last decade
- Photos and descriptions of new bikeway projects
- Collision and safety trends
- Summary of education and encouragement efforts
A snapshot of bicycle data in the Yearbook
Tracking the number of bikeways
Collision and safety trends