Commuter choices: transit
Let someone else do the driving and take the opportunity to read, chat with friends or co-workers, even catch up on sleep or prepare for work. Ride Calgary Transit!
- Teleride can help you find out current and future bus times and general transit information. Go to the bus stop that you use and record the four-digit Teleride bus stop number located at the bottom of the sign. Call Teleride at 403-974-4000 and enter your stop number. A friendly recording will guide you through the information you need.
- Plan your route ahead of time to ensure you are not late. Pick up a pocket schedule, go to the Calgary Transit web site or call 262-1000 to speak to a customer service representative who will help plan your trip.
- If you are starting your trip on the CTrain, make sure you validate your ticket or purchase a ticket at one of the ticket vending machines before entering the fare-restricted area. If you transfer from the CTrain to a bus, present your ticket to the operator.
- If you can travel to where you want to go, do what you need to do and get back on the bus or CTrain within 90 minutes, the ride home is on us! Validated CTrain tickets and bus transfers are valid for 90 minutes. Your 90 minutes ends with the time that appears on your transfer/ticket. Don’t forget to ask for a transfer when you pay your initial fare on the bus.
- Visit the Calgary Transit web site for complete information on all Calgary Transit services, on-line schedules and fare options.
- The more often you use transit, the more comfortable you will be with the schedules and routes, and the easier it will become.