The mission of Transportation Optimization is to strategically identify, evaluate and plan improvements that optimize the operation of the transportation system for all Calgarians.
Optimizing the existing transportation infrastructure
Ensuring the transportation network is operating at peak efficiency through:
- Efficient use of existing transportation corridors
- Transit priority strategies
- Consideration of pedestrians, goods movement and alternate modes
- Traffic signal corridor reviews
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Inglewood 9 Avenue S.E. bus only lanes
Following the recommendation from the Council approved 17 Avenue S.E. Transportation Planning Study, new bus-only lanes will be introduced on 9 Avenue between 8 Street and 15 Street S.E. The new bus-only lanes will provide enhanced transit service to the area, while increasing connectivity and transportation choices for Calgarians.