The 96 Avenue N.E. (Airport Trail) functional planning study- Deerfoot Trail to Stoney Trail, was approved by Council on December 3, 2012.
The City has retained MMM Group to conduct a functional planning study for 96 Avenue N.E. from Deerfoot Trail to Stoney Trail. The study will identify the medium and long-term transportation requirements, and develop an access management strategy for the 96 Avenue N.E. (Airport Trail) corridor. Please note that this study area does not include the airport tunnel.
The City hosted an project open house at the Genesis Centre on April 24, 2012. City staff and project consultants were in attendance to answer questions on a number of Transportation Planning projects underway in the northeast area, including the 96 Avenue N.E. (Airport Trail) Functional Planning Study - Deerfoot Trail to Stoney Trail. You can view the 96 Avenue N.E. (Airport Trail) Functional Planning Study display boards, which were presented at the open house.
- October 2011 - Meet with identified stakeholders
- December 2011 - Develop preliminary plans
- February 2012 - Develop a preferred plan
- March 2012 - Present preferred option to stakeholders
- April 24 2012 - Open House, Genesis Centre
- May 2012 - Finalize Report
- June 2012 - Present Report to Transportation and Transit Committee
- Interim plan completed 2013