The Calgary Climate Change Accord commits to bold greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction targets for our municipal operations and to pursue parallel reduction strategies in our surrounding communities. Read the fullCalgary Climate Change Accord.
- Develop policies, plans and operations that reduce the GHG emissions generated by our activities by a minimum of 20 per cent by 2020, with a further minimum reduction of 80 per cent by 2050, using 2005 levels as a baseline
- Establish a mechanism to report progress on the above targets
Within the limit of our authority and influence, pursue parallel greenhouse gas reduction strategies for our communities.
- Establish a 2005 baseline of all community GHG sources
- Create a plan to reduce emissions and promote lower-carbon living
- Establish a mechanism to report community progress
Take a lead role in building relationships between business, government, non-government organizations and post-secondary institutions in their communities.
- Create an annual forum to develop progress strategies and reporting procedures
- Create opportunities for energy-efficient economic development
For more information, view the following materials: