The mission of Environmental Assessment and Liabilities is to protect the health and safety of Calgarians by developing environmental policies, procedures and protocols relating to development. Our primary focus is site contamination.
Our key mandates including the following:
- Oversee the City of Calgary's interim policies on site contamination
- Develop and implement new policies for site contamination and other development-related environmental issues
- Publish site contamination information on behalf of the City of Calgary
- Provide information, advice and assistance regarding site contamination issues to other City of Calgary business units
- Implement Utilities & Environmental Protection's environmental site inquiries policy
For more information on our corporate standards for environmental site assessments, please see our terms of reference.