Put all food in your green cart for composting, including:
- Plate scrapings
- Meat, fish, poultry, shellfish, bones
- Fruits, vegetables (remove any stickers)
- Bread, noodles, rice, beans, couscous, grains, crackers, cereal
- Eggs, eggshells, dairy products (e.g. cheese, sour cream)
- Cooking oil, lard, shortening, butter, sauces, grease, dips, salad dressing, mayonnaise, gravy
- Pastries, cookies, cakes, muffins
- Nuts, seeds, pits, chips, popcorn, candy
- Coffee filters, tea bags
See a full list of what food can go in your green cart.
Commercial quantities of food
For commercial quantities of food, cooking oil or grease, contact 311 to make a service request. Please note: Landfill charges will apply.
Learn more about handling fats, oils and grease.