Recycle it - City Throw 'n' Go Landfill facilities
- lawnmowners (electric or gas)
- barbeques (remove propane tanks)
- generators (remove oil and gas)
- car parts (engines and transmissions must be drained of all fluids)
- hot water tanks, water heaters, and water boilers
- air compressor
- chain link fence (must be in rolls)
Scrap metal (such as clothes hangers, car parts, metal shelving, etc.) cannot be recycled in your blue cart or at a community recycling depot.
Recycle it - Metal recyclers
Some private companies may buy scrap metal, charge a fee or accept items for free. Find a list of locations at Alberta's Recycling Hotline or The Yellow Pages under Metal Recycling.
Starting November 1, 2016, we require businesses and organizations to recycle all the materials we do at home, plus scrap metal, clear plastic film (polyethylene) and wood. For more details, please view the recycling requirements for businesses and organizations.