Residents can take scrap metal to any of The City's Throw 'n' Go areas for recycling. Please note that charges will apply. This can include items like:
- lawnmowners (electric or gas)
- barbeques (remove propane tanks)
- generators (remove oil and gas)
- car parts (engines and transmissions must be drained of all fluids)
- hot water tank
- chain link fence (must be in rolls)
Scrap metal (such as clothes hangers, car parts, metal shelving, etc.) cannot be recycled in your blue cart or at a community recycling depot.
Some private companies may accept or buy scrap metal. For information on recycling opportunities, contact Alberta's Recycling Hotline or The Yellow Pages under Metal Recycling.
Starting November 1, 2016, we require businesses and organizations to recycle all the materials we do at home, plus scrap metal, clear plastic film (polyethylene) and wood. For more details, please view the recycling requirements for businesses and organizations.