Throw it away
Multi-material packaging or mixed material packaging are products made of more than one type of material. These items are not recyclable as the materials are not easily separated for recycling. Put these items in your black cart as garbage.
Some examples of multi-material packaging are:
- Hand pumps (from soap bottles, lotion bottles, spray bottles etc.)
- Chip bags
- Granola bar wrappers and other food wrappers
- Dog food and other pet food bags
- Juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and powder baby milk (baby formula) canisters (paper cylinder package with a metal bottom)
- Pringles chip containers
- Frozen meal/microwave meal trays (paper tray with plastic/wax lining)
- Food seals on items like yogurt tubs or peanut butter jars
- Single-use powder packets for items such as hot chocolate, protein powder and tea bags.
- Ground coffee or coffee bean pouches
- Baby food pouches
- Dental floss
- Laminated paper