When Calgary is at its greatest risk of flooding, from May 15 to July 15, stay up to date with conditions and ensure you are prepared to act. See our flood information below to help you stay connected.
Flood Mitigation Measures Assessment and 2016 Flood Resiliency Analysis report,
outlining recommendations for future flood mitigation, is being presented to
Council on March 22, 2017.
To see these reports please visit the meeting agenda.
Flooding - Emergency notification resources
Flooding occurs quickly and with little warning. To stay connected, keep track of the resources below:
- Watch and listen to local media stations
- Listen for and sign up for Alberta emergency alerts. Alberta Emergency Alerts interrupt local broadcasting on television and radio stations with information about the emergency. You can also download the AEA app to a smart device to receive notifications.
- Check the Alberta Environment Advisories and Warnings page. The page contains advisories, warnings or watches that are in place so you can be prepared for severe weather and the possibility of flooding.
- Download Alberta Environment's river monitoring app for iTunes or Android.
- Check The Weather Network for the latest weather advisories.
- Check Environment Canada for weather advisories posted by the Government of Canada.
Flooding - City of Calgary alerts and notices