Water pump stations are used throughout The City to move water through the water distribution system from water treatment plants to homes and businesses. The City of Calgary, Water Services, will be upgrading the water pump station located at 8515 33 Avenue N.W.
The upgrades to this pump station include reconfiguring two water pumps, upgrading the transformer near the pump station and some other work inside the structure to accommodate the changes to the pumps.
The 33 Avenue pump station
Construction is expected to begin in mid-July and is anticipated to be complete in October 2016.
- Additional traffic and congestion due to construction activities and vehicles.
- Noise from the use of jack hammers and other tools inside the building (some cement work is required).
- Noise from the transformer upgrade outside the building.
- Work hours will be 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Contractors will park on the driveway when possible and on the street as space is needed.
Please contact 311 if you have any questions or concerns about this work (24 hours a day, seven days a week).
We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and thank you for your patience while we upgrade this critical piece of infrastructure.