Due to aging infrastructure and a need to accommodate flows from future development, The City of Calgary will be undertaking a project in Willow Park to upgrade some sanitary (sewer) lines along Acadia Drive and Willow Park Drive. These upgrades will ensure residents continue to receive reliable sanitary service for many years to come.
- Portions of the sanitary trunks along Acadia Drive and Willow Park Drive will be replaced
- Open-cut excavation will be used for this project, meaning the entire section of road will be excavated
- During construction a by-pass sanitary system will be installed so service is still available during construction.
- North Star Contracting will be completing the work on behalf of City of Calgary Water Services.
- The work will be completed in two phases to accommodate traffic in the area.
- Roads will be paved after each phase is complete (ie. once phase one is done, we will pave that area)
- Phase one is scheduled to begin October 31 and is expected to take approximately two weeks.
- Phase two in expected to begin after phase one is complete in mid-November and will be completed in approximately four weeks.
It is important to note that schedules may change depending on a number of factors, including approvals, weather, soil conditions and other items that could affect construction.
The two phases of the sanitary upgrade project
- Road closures will be required along Acadia Drive and Willow Park Drive to accommodate the work
- To minimize the impacts to traffic, the work will be completed in phases to allow for detours
- Access will be maintained at all times to cul-de-sacs in the area
- Lay down areas for construction equipment will be within the road right-of-way
- Noise and dust impacts will be monitored to fall within bylaw limits
- Work hours are Monday – Sunday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact 311 (24 hours, seven days a week). We realize this project may cause some inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we upgrade this critical infrastructure.