2016 Calgary Corporate Challenge results
City of Calgary employees ran, jumped, biked, competed, donated and had a lot of fun in the 2016 CCC. Through their efforts and teamwork they were able to achieve some impressive results. From the combination of our successful involvement in the sporting events and the charitable components we came in seventh overall out of 24 corporations in our division.
A big thank you goes out to all our ECC and CCC event coordinators and team captains for helping make everything run smoothly.
In the sporting events some of the City’s notable achievements include:
- First place in table tennis, trivia and soccer
- Second place in darts
- Third place in volleyball
In the charitable components those that participated had a lot of fun, helped those in need and were able to make a large impact in our community. In the:
- Blood Donor Challenge The City placed third with 384 employees donating a total of 5,893 units of blood
- Big Bike for the Heart and Stroke Foundation The City was extremely successful by filling two bikes, winning the spirit award and fundraising over $7000. This helped CCC reach their overall 2016 total of raising $287,000.
- Calgary Food Bank and The Mustard Seed challenge The City surpassed the required amount of items requested. This contributed to the 13,233 pounds of food donated to The Mustard Seed and hundreds of Back-to-Work backpacks filled with essential need items for the less fortunate.
If you’re interested in finding out more about any of the ECC or CCC events or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Back to Calgary Corporate Challenge