Share this page Print

Potential Canada Post disruption

The City of Calgary has made the following arrangements to ensure the continuity of customer service and business operations in the event of a disruption in postal service.

Online services

Citizens, businesses, and contractors can access many City services online such as booking tee times, renewing pet licences, or applying for building permits.
A full list of available services can be found at

Payments to The City

Please note: Normal payment deadlines apply.

There are multiple options for making payments to The City of Calgary. In the event of a postal service disruption, citizens can submit payments using one of the following methods below: 

Bank and financial institutions

Payments can be made at most banks either in person or through the banks online or telephone banking systems.

The Municipal Building

 Payments can be made at The City of Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E. for:
  • Utility bills
  • Property and business taxes
  • Animal licences
  • Seniors bus passes
  • Parking tickets
  • Other accounts payable

In person (cashier)

Municipal Building, third floor (800 Macleod Trail S.E.)
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 
Cash, cheque or Interac only.

The City’s “drop box”

Municipal Building, third floor (800 Macleod Trail S.E.)
Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.

24-hour payment depository

Outside wall of The Calgary Municipal Building (3 Street S.E.)

Courier to The City's mailroom

Municipal Building, ground floor (800 Macleod Trail S.E.)
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Effective Friday, July 29 the City mailroom will revert to regular operating hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

Seniors bus passes purchases

Transit Customer Service Centre (234 7 Ave S.W.)
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m

Property and Business Assessment - Request for Information forms

If you received a notification requesting information about your property or business assessment, you can return the form to the Assessment business unit by faxing 403-268-2550.
To make alternative arrangements for returning this necessary information, call 403-268-2888.

Payment of animal licences

In addition to payment options at the Municipal Building, animal licenses can be paid in person at:
  • Animal Services (2201 Portland St. S.E.)
  • Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Payable by cheque, cash, debit or credit card
 For more information, visit Licensing a cat or dog

Planning & development inquiries and business licences

For payments or inquiries regarding business licences or development and building permits visit:
  • Planning Services Centre
  • Municipal Building, third floor (800 Macleod Trail S.E.)
  • Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  •  Telephone 403-268-5311

For more information visit, Planning & Development


Utility bill inquiries (ENMAX, Water Services, and Waste & Recycling Services)

For all utility account inquiries, including your current account balance, payment due date, and amount and day of last payment visit for self-serve options or contact ENMAX Customer Care Centre at 403-310-2010.
Please have your account number available.

Copies of utility bills

Customers can sign up to access electronic copies of their utility bill at Payments can be made online at financial institutions or in person by visiting The City’s cashier on the third floor of the Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E., from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

City payments to suppliers

Call the Accounts Payable section of Finance at 403-268-2750 about outstanding payments to suppliers. Arrangements for suppliers to pick up City cheques can then be confirmed.
Note: Picture ID will be required for cheque pickup.

City deliveries and incoming mail

The City will maintain its deliveries of critical material to citizens and businesses. For key deliveries, The City has arranged to work with external distribution services or courier companies.
Where a delay in delivery will not have a major impact, it will be held back and re-assessed on an ongoing basis. Where appropriate, we will use fax and email.
The City will still accept courier deliveries as well as letters and parcels from operators such as Purolator, FedEx, UPS and city-wide courier services at the main mailroom, ground floor of the Municipal Building.

Public Hearing submissions

Citizen submissions concerning a matter being discussed at a Public Hearing may be hand delivered or couriered to 700 Macleod Trail S.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2G 2M3, faxed to 403-268-2362, or emailed to

Quasi-Judicial Board submissions

Submissions to the Assessment Review Board (ARB), Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB) and the Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board (LCSAB) can be faxed, emailed or made in person or by courier to:
  • Quasi-Judicial Board submissions
  • Fourth floor, 1212 31 Ave. N.E.
  • During regular business hours
More information is available online at

Fair Entry applications and application notification letters

Applications for Fair Entry can be completed online, faxed to 403-268-2596, or dropped off in person at:
  • Municipal Building, third floor (800 Macleod Trail S.E.)
  • Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Calgary Public Library, Village Square Branch (2623 56 Street N.E.)
  • Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Calgary Parking Authority – parking permits and parking violations

Residents may continue to apply for permits by emailing Once processed, residents will need to pick them up at the Calgary Parking Authority office (address below).

Enforcement of all parking bylaws will continue uninterrupted in all parts of the city. Vehicle disposal notices will be couriered to the last known registered owner.

Parking tickets may be paid:

  • Online at
  • At Calgary Parking Authority, 620 9 Ave. S.W., Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. by cheque, cash, debit or credit card.
  • The Municipal Building, third floor

Other information about parking permits and parking violations is available on

Pay online at Calgary Parking 

Calgary Police Service correspondence

Correspondence for the Calgary Police Service can be dropped off at any district office or directly to CPS Headquarters, located at 5111 47 St. N.E.
For district office locations and information updates, please visit