In order to vote in a Calgary municipal election, you must be:
- at at least 18-years-old,
- a Canadian citizen,
- a resident of Calgary, and
- have resided in Alberta for at least six consecutive months before election day.
Running for office
To run for the office of the councillors or mayor, a candidate must:
- be be eligible to vote in that election,
- have been a resident of the local jurisdiction for six consecutive months before to the election,
- submit nomination papers containing 100 signatures, and
- submit a deposit of $500 for The Office of The Mayor or $100 for The Office of The Councillor.
More about City Council elections