The Sept. 21, 2016, Transportation and Transit Committee meeting included:
Bow Trail And 37 Street / 38 Street - Safety and Pedestrian Review
Safety and pedestrian accommodation concerns regarding the intersections of Bow Trail / 37 Street S.W. and Bow Trail / 38 Street S.W. in relation to a proposed multi-residential development near Bow Trail and 38 Street S.W. Transportation was asked to review the concerns raised by the citizens and the report summarized the conditions of these intersections and improvements that have been implemented, or are planned for implementation. Transportation is able to implement the identified recommendations within its current mandate and existing programs/budgets. This was passed.
Anderson Station Park and Ride Plan
The purpose of this report was to provide an overview of the Anderson Station Park and Ride Plan. The plan supports Transit Oriented Development (TOD) at Anderson Station, with the goal of balancing park and ride supply while supporting redevelopment opportunities. This was passed.
Sarcee Trail and Richmond Road Interchange Functional Planning Study – Project Update
This report was an update on the Sarcee Trail and Richmond Road functional planning study and outlines the work undertaken to date as well as planned activities of the study. A summary of potential opportunities for funding the interchange through Investing in Mobility (IIM) and other sources was also included. This was passed.
Green Line Quarterly Update and Centre City Recommendation
This report provided the third quarterly update for the Green Line program and included the recommended alignment from 24 Avenue North to 10 Avenue South, which includes the Bow River crossing connecting downtown. This report also presented the options currently under evaluation for the Beltline with the intent of providing an alignment recommendation by December 2016. It was passed with the following amendments:
That the SPC on Transportation and Transit recommends that Council:
- receive this quarterly report for information;
- approve the recommended underground alignment (Option D) for the Bow River crossing connecting downtown from north of 16 Avenue North to 10 Avenue South (Attachment 1);
- direct Administration to report back with a Green Line quarterly update at the December 2016 SPC on Transportation and Transit;
- direct that Attachment 2 remain confidential pursuant to Section 24(1)(g) and 25 (1)(c)(ii) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act until all Green Line contracts and legal agreements are signed; and
- direct Administration to continue to investigate an underground alignment option for 12 Avenue South, include this option in public engagement conversations, and continue to co-ordinate with area stakeholders to ensure the Green Line is integrated with future developments.
And further, that the distributions received with respect to Report TT2016-0705 be attached to the report prior to being forwarded to Council.
Council News in Brief is an informal summary of highlights from Calgary City Council meetings. The City Clerk provides the complete and formal documentation of Council’s meetings including agendas, minutes and video.
More Council News in Brief – highlights from Council and committee meetings