The City of Calgary, Water Services, will be working on a water main replacement on lane east of Verona PL NW, from lane south of Verona Drive NW to lane north of Verona Drive NW (see map below). The work will take place between the week of April 4 and the week of April 26, 2016. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact 311.
- It may be necessary to interrupt water service temporarily to complete portions of the work. For the majority of the duration of the construction activity, residents will be provided a temporary water supply. Should water interruptions take more than an hour, our crews will notify all customers affected.
- During the replacement work, existing cast iron watermains will be replaced with larger diameter
PVC pipe. In addition, adjacent valving and hydrants will be replaced and upgraded. Any concrete
(sidewalks, curbs and gutters) or asphalt that has been removed will be reinstated to original or better condition.
- This location was identified for replacement due to analysis indicating the risks of future mainbreaks and to ensure adequate water flows are provided for future populations. All work will abide by The City’s standards for dust and noise control during construction.
- Work will encompass a progressive fashion to cover any open trenches as quickly as
possible. Note that some driveways will lose access temporarily while the contractor is in front of
these locations. We will aim to provide temporary access (fill) and move as quickly as
possible to accommodate the impacted resident. Residents have been notified to move their
vehicles to prevent any temporary blockages.
- Hours of work allowable are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Additional noise and dust will be controlled by contractor
- Temporary water servicing, and possible water shutoffs Temporary water servicing, and possible water shutoffs
- Temporary street parking restrictions
- Temporary Street Closure of Roads and Lanes Temporary Street Closure of Roads and Lanes
Vibrations due to compaction
- Additional traffic and congestion due to construction activities and vehicles; in particular, impact to
accessing parts of back lanes
- Tree Pruning maybe required for the Safety of workers and to protect trees from accidental
Construction is expected to take three to four (3-4) weeks to complete and will occur between the week of April 4 and the week of April 26, 2016. Actual completion date will depend on weather conditions.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.