The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department is pleased to report that passenger counts conducted in mid-September show that the new Tuscany CTrain Station is serving approximately 11,000 weekday customers. This figure exceeds the planning estimate of 9,000 weekday customers. Of particular note is the high percentage of customers who walk, cycle or who are dropped off at the station. Here is the breakdown of how customers are travelling to and from the station.
• 36% bus
• 36% auto (26% drop off + 10% park and ride)
• 25% walk
• 3% cycle
A recent survey with 620 respondents found that approximately 10% of customers using the Tuscany Station are new transit users who previously made their trip using a car.
Other Findings - Customer Survey
• 88% of customers report that the Tuscany CTrain Station has improved their transit travel experience
• 81% of bus service to the station was rated as good or excellent
• Average bus travel time to/from the station is nine to ten minutes
• Station design elements were mostly rated good or excellent by 80% of customers
• Reserved parking was rated by 58% of customers as good or excellent while the general availability of parking was rated as good or excellent by 36% of customers
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.