Here's a quick update on Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the 37 Street Storm Trunk Project.
The City is currently developing the design and completing regulatory requirements for Phase 2, which includes a new outfall and planning for water quality treatment.
If you have any questions, or would like more information please contact 311. You can also sign up to have project updates sent to you. Subscribe by clicking here.
- Construction work in Phase 1 was completed on schedule in June 2016.
- Traffic and parking on 37th Street S.W. has been restored to pre-construction operations, except at the north end near Lakeview Drive. The parking restrictions in this area will remain as long as the tunnel shaft remains in place.
- When the Glenmore Trail/ 37th Street S.W. interchange is constructed as part of the Southwest Calgary Ring Road, the storm trunk will be extended under Glenmore Trail S.W. The tunnel shaft constructed to install the 37 Street S.W. Storm Trunk will remain in place until then to minimize costs and disruption. The Southwest Calgary Ring Road will be open to traffic in 2021. The Glenmore Trail/ 37 Street S.W. interchange may be completed sooner.
- The City is currently developing the design and completing regulatory requirements for Phase 2, from south of 66th Avenue S.W. to the Elbow River.
- This work includes a new outfall to the Elbow River and planning for future water quality treatment.
- The City will exercise due diligence to mitigate environmental impacts and work with regulatory agencies to comply with regulatory requirements and permits.
- An information session about Phase 2 construction will be held in fall 2016.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.