UPDATE (March 24, 2014):
Your Feedback Is Being Reviewed. Thank you Calgary for Taking Action!
From March 3 to 21, 2014, The City of Calgary Action Plan 2015-2018 asked for your input on balancing quality City services with affordable tax rates. A big thank you to the thousands of Calgarians who participated in Action Plan public engagement events, used our online tools or shared comments online or through 311. All engagement feedback will be reviewed, and a summary of ideas and suggestions will be given to Council and City departments for consideration as Council priorities, business plans and budgets are being developed during 2014.
• Watch for the public engagement summary to be announced in April and shared on Calgary.ca/actionplan in May.
• Sign up for the e-newsletter to receive news, updates and information about Action Plan 2015 – 2018 throughout the year.
Next steps in Action Plan include:
• April 2014: Council uses engagement input to help set priorities for 2015 – 2018
• April – September 2014: City departments use engagement input to help develop four-year business plans and budgets
• November: 2014: Council debates and approves The City’s 2015 – 2018 business plans and budgets.
Original Post (February 28, 2014):
Action Plan 2015-2018 is a year-long process during which Calgarians, City Council and City staff establish our future direction and find the right balance between investing in quality public service and keeping tax rates affordable.
Calgary.ca/actionplan contains information regarding the Action Plan 2015-2018 process, budget facts and figures on City revenues and expenditures, and highlights of the services offered to Calgarians daily. Throughout the process, the website will be updated with new information and opportunities to participate.
There will be public engagement taking place from March 3rd until March 21st. Several online engagement tools will be available on the Action Plan website, such as an online City budget simulator, along with various community events.
I encourage you to read the information on the Action Plan website and participate in the discussion. Your feedback will help us determine what’s important for Calgary’s future.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.