Calgary Transit officially closed the Chinook LRT Station on Mondy January 14th for construction. This closure will last for approximately 8 months. There will be a shuttle bus at 39th avenue to transport passengers to and from Chinook. The park and ride will remain open and regular bus service at Chinook will be available from a temporary location. The full details of the closure is discussed in more detail below.
The new Chinook Station will have a fully accessible, at-grade track crossing to the platform located at the north side, a sloped walkway that complies with the City of Calgary Access Design Standards, a glass canopy over the platform, enhanced landscaping to the station area and an extended platform to the south that will accommodate four-car CTrains. This is a necessary project at a very busy CTrain station and the closure will affect many people.To help with the transition, I wanted to share the information regarding this closure with you and some of the key information.
- The CTrain will continue to operate through this location but will not stop at Chinook Station.
- The bus terminal at Chinook Station will be temporarily moved to 3 Street SW (see map below).
- A shuttle bus to and from 39 Avenue Station wil be available for customers who would like to access the CTrain system (see map below for location and schedule)
- Bus Routes 23, 36, 41, 47, 66, 72, 73, 81, 136, 410 and the Chinook mall shuttle (Route 506) will stop at the newly located bus terminal on 3 Street. Route 10 will remain on 61 Avenue SW and customers can use the stops on 61 Avenue SW and 3 Street SW. The map below shows you where you can catch your bus.
- Please note that there will be no parking on 3 Street SW between 58 Avenue SW and 61 Avenue SW to accommodate the relocated bus terminal.
- The Park and Ride lot will remain open during construction, however, there will be no reserved parking. This was as of January 1, 2013. Customers can reserve a parking stall at 39 Avenue or Heritage CTrain Station.
This information can be found on the Calgary Transit Website and also in the Rider's Guide.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.